Sunday, November 28, 2021

An old metal puzzle

I am hoping to get some help with identifying some figures.

I have been enjoying myself over the weekend creating the last of the databases for my figures: of the few, remaining 15 mm figures that I have, all for the French and Indian War (I already have one for the 1/72 collection (main one) and smaller 1/32 and, recently done, 2 mm figures).

Creating this database has been/is great fun and really interesting as I had to work out what was what. Then, I found that I had kept the original orders and/or invoices for most of them (circa early 90s), which made the task much simpler. All, except for the few shown in the photos below.

I think that they are Minifigs, but I cannot recall what they are or even where I got them from—really strange as the circumstances for the others came back as I thought about it and looked up the information that I had (then I got the exact details, which made it easier!). They are 'nominally' figures for the French and Indian War, but I cannot find a match amongst any of the current version of the Marlburian & Great Northern Wars, Jacobites 1688–1746, Seven Years War, Montcalm & Wolfe or American Revolution series.

Any suggestions welcome!


Above and below, Highland grenadier company.


Above and below, Highland centre company.

Above and below, Highland grenadier command (interestingly the standard bearer has the novel headress of the figures that follow these below).

Above and below, I am assuming a Highland grenadier company, but are they even Highlanders? Likely early 18th century and perhaps Jacobite?

Above and below, Highland centre company command

Above and below, British centre company command.

Just a few more entries and I'll have this, last of my databases completed. Unlike the others, this one will/should be a pure repository rather than an 'acitve file'!

I like counting!!

A Sesame Street favourite; second only to Grover for me [Image: www.sesamestreet.org]

This skit from the wonderful 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' immediately came to mind.


 



4 comments:

  1. I like counting too but cannot help with solving your puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the serendipity of your post coinciding with my latest counting!

      Delete
  2. The joy of counting and databases. And invoices from the 1990s. I will admit that I have an "Unknown" category for the manufacturer for a number of my entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Graham, another fellow traveller, marvellous.
      I was really impressed and pleased that all of the manufacturers of the figures that I have circa early 90s are still going concerns (albeit part of a different 'stable' in most cases).

      Delete